What are dental bridges?
A bridge is a dental restoration which replaces one or more missing natural teeth, thereby “bridging” the space between two teeth. There are two types of dental bridges – fixed and removable. Fixed bridges are cemented into place and can only be removed by a dentist. On the other hand, you can take out a removable bridge for cleaning. Removable bridges, while less expensive, may not be as desirable as fixed bridges and are not generally as stable.
RESTORE YOUR SMILE AND REGAIN CONFIDENCE WITH A DENTAL BRIDGE
Why do I need a dental bridge?
If you are missing any teeth and are committed to maintaining good oral health, you may be a good candidate for a bridge. A bridge is the most natural long-term choice to fill the space in your mouth left by missing teeth. A bridge is placed for a number of reasons:
• Helps restore and maintain the natural bite
• Prevents unnatural stress on other teeth
• Helps keep opposing teeth in their proper place
• Prevents shifting and tilting of adjacent teeth
• Helps prevent further tooth decay and gum disease that can cause tooth loss
• Maximizes your smile, speech and chewing function
• Safeguards your appearance by preventing the collapse of your facial features that can cause premature wrinkling and age lines
A dental bridge is a restoration that fills a space or spaces left by missing teeth, fixing the inherent bite problems and shifted or rotated teeth caused by these gaps. The bridge is a reproduction of the missing tooth made from a variety of materials, such as porcelain fused with metal or all porcelain, that is then suspended and bonded to the adjacent teeth. The result not only restores your smile, but provides long lasting confidence and functionality.
Please contact our Shelby Dentist office today for more information about how a dental bridge could be the perfect solution to replace your missing teeth.